Background

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Service

Today I could tell another Sunday School story... Yeah, another one of those took place... But something better happened today, two something betters in fact. First of all, I had a meeting to go to at 6:30 today. My dad and brother were headed out Visiting Teaching at 6 so I ended up at the church early, really early. To my surprise I was not the only one there. It was the other wards New Beginnings. Seeing how I had nothing better to do, and two of my best friends were there, and they had cute cupcakes, I stuck around for it. It was AMAZING. Full of spiritual messages, a great talk by one of my friends, and even harp music! And of course the cupcakes were delicious. Well after that and then my meeting it was time to head home. My dad and brother picked me up and on the way home informed me that on the way they were going to stop to shovel someone's driveway. At first I was annoyed. I have homework to do in the morning and wanted to get to bed early; but as I watched them shovel I realised how self centred I was being. I can't help but think how much more a shovel driveway will mean to that family compared to 20 minutes more of sleep for me. They really taught me a lesson today, one I needed to learn. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment