Background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ditching

It is true, tomorrow I am ditching. I always think of it as sick of school; but my dad made if clear to me that this is plain old ditching. So today when I got home I walk up to my mom and ask if I can skip school tomorrow. Her response, sure. I then ask if there's any chance we could stop at the mall for a few things and suggest some other errands and we start planing what our days schedule will be. That's the way my mom is about me deciding not to go to school. My dad was a bit different. He want to know WHY I'm ditching. My mom didn't even ask earlier. The honest answer, I need a break. I'm sure lots of other people do too; but I think I've almost hit my snapping point this week. My dad then goes on to explain that though he never condoned my skipping school to do homework, he didn't speak against it; but he cannot stand the though of me just skipping because I don't feel like it. He compared school to the job I will have someday, when I won't be able to just say that I'm tired. In my mentality that's one of the reasons I'm skipping; because when I grow up I won't be able to! He still doesn't see it that way. The funny thing is, my mom tried to talk him out of giving me the lecture. He had to do it when she was laying my little brother down. She's worried I'll have a break down like I did the end of last year. I can see why she's worried. My dad has no such qualms. He even went so far as to pull the guilt trip "It's your decision and I hope that you make the right one..." Sorry dad, that might work for little things like helping out my siblings; but school. I don't think so. In any case, I'll miss all of you tomorrow! Have a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment