Background

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sacrament Meeting

Today was a rather normal Sunday. Get up, get ready for church... Normal. The difference was that today, we couldn't get Dexter to come inside. We can't leave the house until he's in because he would follow us all the way to the highway; it's happened before. Because of this we ended up finally arriving at church just before Sacrament Meeting started. As usual by this time almost all the seats were taken. There was a bit of room on the front bench so we sat there. Then came the problem that when Aiden was done passing the Sacrament there was no room for him where we were sitting. He just sat down on the bench where the Deacons wait to pass the sacrament and ignored us. Mom felt bad, so she tried to get Collin to go and sit next to him. No way, Collin absolutely refuses. Then I feel kind of bad so I get up and go sit next to him. When I sit down he says, "What are you doing here?" I just smile and said, "You looked lonely." "Go away." I ignore him and listen to the speaker, typical Aiden. A few minutes later I'm surprised when Erin and Collin come over to sit next to me. Apparently I'm a much less intimidating bench partner than Aiden. So the rest of Sacrament meeting there were the four of us on a side bench and my Mom and Dad in the front row of the center bench. They kept on looking back at us and trying not to laugh. I have to admit we must have made quite a picture with Aiden pretending we don't exist, Erin sleeping on my lap, and Collin being Collin. I love strange sacrament meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment